第二十四届生活禅夏令营开营式上的讲话——德国心理治疗师 Jan Glasenapp 博士


(2017 年 7 月 20 日上午于文殊阁)

  

Jan: 早上好!认识你很高兴!非常感谢明海大和尚的邀请。 It is a great honor for me to join you at this summer camp.

 

唐老师:他最大的一个荣幸是到柏林寺来参加这一届的生活禅夏令营。

 

Jan:非常感谢你们! I come from Germany where I have worked for many years now as a psychotherapist to help people.

 

唐老师:他来自德国,作为一位心理治疗师,多年来他的工作就是在帮助其他人。

 

Jan: And I'm looking forward to telling you a little bit psychotherapy more about what I 'm doing later in this week.

 

唐老师:在接下来的这一周里他会给大家分享更多的关于他的工作的内容。

 

Jan: A long time ago I started to practice mindfulness by myself.

 

唐老师:他说从很久以前他自己就已经开始在修习正念的方法。

 

Jan: And I bring it to my patients to help them to overcome suffering.

 

唐老师:而且他把这个方法传授给他的病人们,帮助他们克服心理上的痛苦。 

 

Jan: My teacher Marsha Linehan is from the United States. 

唐老师:他的老师是来自美国的玛沙·莱恩汉。

 

Jan:And She developed one of the most effective treatments in the world for people who are suffering or want to kill themselves.

 

唐老师:玛沙研发出一套迄今为止世上最有成效的治疗方法来帮助那些深受痛苦煎熬甚至想要自杀的病人。

 

Jan: And this treatment is based on mindfulness. 唐老师:这个治疗方法就是基于正念的方法。

 

Jan:Where did she learn to do it? She learned it by a German Chan Master Willigis Jger.

 

唐老师 : 那么她是从什么地方学到这个正念方法的呢?是从一位德国的禅修老师——威里吉斯·雅各尔那里。

 

Jan: And he is deeply connected to Bailin Chan Si.

 

唐老师 : 雅各尔先生与柏林禅寺有很深的渊源 .

 

Jan: So you can see that Chan is helping people all over the world.

 

唐老师:所以你能够看到禅正在全世界范围内帮助人们。

 

Jan:More and more people like me are practicing Chan even in the West.

 

唐老师:在西方有越来越多的人像我一样正在修习禅。

 

Jan:And more and more colleagues of me are bringing mindfulness to their patients to help them.

 

唐老师:他的越来越多的同事也正在把这个正念的疗法带到心理治疗中来帮助他们的病人。

 

Jan:For me myself who had joined in ChanQi here in this temple was one of the most intense experiences of my life.

 

唐老师:他说他曾在柏林禅寺打过禅七,对他来说这是他人生中最强烈的体验之一。

 

Jan: And I have learned that Chan is much more than mindfulness.

 

唐老师 : 而且他学到禅的境界远远高于正念 .

 

Jan: Chan is full of compassion and wisdom.

 

唐老师:禅充满了慈悲和智慧。

 

Jan: And therefore I  m sure we need places like Bailin Chan Si to come together and to practice and to cultivate the practice of Chan.

 

唐老师:因而他觉得需要有像柏林禅寺这样的道场,可以提供给大家聚到一起来培养和践行禅修的机会。

 

Jan: So I wish us all together in the week full of mindfulness, compassion and wisdom.

 

唐老师:所以我希望我们大家在未来这一周能够聚在一起,内心充满正念、慈悲和智慧。

 

Jan: Let us all throw ourselves completely into this week .And let us learn from each other.

 

唐老师:让我们大家在接下来的一周中,全然忘我地投入到正念、慈悲和智慧的修行里。让我们彼此学习。

 

Jan:谢谢大家!